Esterillos Oeste to Punta Mala Dusk Hike – $30 per person
The tour begins in Esterillos Oeste walking along the beach. The first goal is the Punta Mala sign, which indicates that you have reached the Natural Reserve, and the second goal is Punta Judas, a massive prominent volcanic rock formation that goes hundreds of meters out to sea.
You will enjoy a scenic tour discovering ancient fossil beds and rock formations that run for kilometers while learning about the hidden geological, natural and anthropological history of the area. Before starting the walk back, you will take a picnic break to watch the sunset and recharge with fruit endemic to Costa Rica while discussing the role they play in our ecosystems, as well as their uses in medicine and daily life. Once night falls, lightweight headlamps are distributed to experience the forest edge and beach coming to life as different nocturnal species awaken.
During the walk, you will be exploring up to 4.5 KM each way (for a total of 9 KM) at an easy pace to spot wildlife. The intensity depends on the capacity of the participants and comfortable shoes are recommended.
Availability and start times are dependent on weather and tides. Two-person minimum.
– Licensed Bilingual General Guide of Costa Rica
– First Aid gear carried by Ale.
-Seasonal endemic fruit.
– Wildlife sightings with extensive accounts of their natural history
– Information on Esterillos Oeste and regional conservation projects
– Filtered RO water in reusable 750 ml bottles (no plastic waste!)
– Vortex Diamondback Spotting Scope 20-60×80
– Vortex Diamondback 8×42 Binoculars
– Nitecore LED headlamps for each participant during night/dusk walks
– Mandatory Civil Liability INS Insurance
– Complementary Medical Liability INS Insurance